OmKicker

Om...with a kick!

Sunday, March 11, 2007

A Renewed Interest in My Health

Not that I've stopped working, but my blog posting has been on hiatus somewhat this past week. It was time to relax. Admittedly there was not much om or kick involved. There was quite a bit of laying by the pool post-workout while reading The God Delusion for B.U. I am also on a health kick after seeing Body Worlds 3 last week at the Arizona Science Center. Something about seeing what the contents of the human body looks like really did something for me.

It makes you realize what we take for granted, that life is fragile. It can be taken away at any time. I looked at cross sections of tumors and strokes and knew I was seeing death in others' lives -- others who so kindly gave their bodies to science. It renewed in my mind the importance of caring for my health. So I've been eating well, burning fat, stretching out, using mass quantities of sunblock, and easing sore muscles in the spa. Another hectic week begins tomorrow and I'll once again fighting to fit the om and the kick into my busy schedule. Thanks for reading OmKicker, in case I've never said it before.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home