OmKicker

Om...with a kick!

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

OmKicker Suggestions on What to Give up For Lent

Whatever your spirituality may be, yoga can work with it. Here are my OmKicker ideas for what you can give up for Lent for the next 40 days. Sometimes sacrificing something you love can be a great exercise in faith. Or maybe you make Lent work for you and give up something you don't need anyway. No matter how you look at it, Lent can be an excellent way to go inward and ask yourself what you should be trying to go without for 40 days.

*My Blackberry
*Judging others
*Negative thoughts
*Chocolate
*A corner of my home to an animal who needs to be adopted
*Complaining
*Driving too fast
*Blogging (just kidding)
*Blaming
*Trying to fit someone else's idea of who I should be
*Slouching
*Eating processed foods
*Eating meat
*Drinking alcohol
*Sleeping in

What are some of your ideas for Lent? I was pondering what to give up because -- and I'm not even Catholic -- two of my coworkers were chatting about what they gave up. One gave up swearing and the other gave up hitting the snooze button.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home