OmKicker

Om...with a kick!

Sunday, February 18, 2007

What OmKicker will cover.

This new blog will cover overall health for people who never want to touch a Slimfast or an Atkins meal. My values are a little different; I call it "Om with a kick." I do yoga and I'm a vegetarian but I also enjoy self-defense training in Krav Maga (Israeli hand-to-hand combat). I like yoga and traditional fitness and believe both serve each other. I just want this site to serve as a resource for those who are into yoga but who aren't running around wearing patchouli to an ashram. This is for modern practitioners of yoga who don't mind other forms of fitness and who care about their overall picture of health.

Two years ago, I went vegan and began a search for all kind of information. The transition was tough because the world is just not friendly to vegetarians, let alone vegans. I've learned so much I wish I knew back then, and I'd like to share that here. Where can a person find affordable vegetarian shampoo? What the heck do I do with this tofu stuff anyway?

Maybe you want to do some MMA-style fighting but still turn inward with a downward facing dog. That's what OmKicker is all about. There are so many positive aspects to my lifestyle that I get from yoga, Krav Maga, and being a vegan that I want to share how I live and what works for me.

So here's a little brainstorm of what this will cover:
yoga
inner beauty
outer beauty
Krav Maga
fitness
weight training
vegan/vegetarian stuff
recipes
green housecleaning
animal rights
karma yoga
favorite yoga videos
yoga music
Krav Maga music
asanas
meditation
yoga podcasts
how to get fit
how to go vegan
how to find veg products
attitudes towards vegetarians
vegetarian beauty
finding products not tested on animals
stretching
pilates
running
cardio
flexibility
yoga DVDs
challenging yourself
couples workouts
recipes
cooking
grocery shopping
nutrition
workout clothes
gear
fashion

...and anything else that comes to mind. This is just beginning, so I'm very excited to see where the road takes this blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home