OmKicker

Om...with a kick!

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

One of my two favorite smoothies

The other one involves wheatgrass and fruit while this one is a little more self-indulgent. This doesn't even have a real name so I'll name it off the cuff right now -- The Post-Workout Chocolate Bomber. Here's how you make it:

2 cups of soy milk (or rice milk -- I always buy vanilla soy)
2-3 heaping tablespoons of peanut butter
1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
1-2 tablespoons agave nectar
1-2 frozen bananas

As you can see, the measurement isn't an exact science. I don't think I've ever measured anything to an exact amount in my kitchen! It's a yummy, chocolate smoothie I like after a workout. The peanut butter gives it protein and the bananas handle a serving of fruit. If you use soy milk you get more protein, but the rice milk has pretty much none! I just accidentally bought rice milk for the first time in ten years. (It was on sale). It only has 2 grams of protein per serving. Ouch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home