OmKicker

Om...with a kick!

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Recipe: 3-GasX Vegan Chili

Here's my recipe for what I like to call "3-GasX Vegan Chili" because after you eat it, it will take three Gas-X pills for you to go out in public and around people again. I made it special for my Better Half, as the way to his heart is through his stomach. The quickest way there is with the largest quantity of fresh garlic one can muster.

Ingredients:

Vegan chili mix from Sprouts
(Follow directions that come with the mix. The mix is in the store’s bulk containers).
Kidney beans (I use 30 oz but you can follow the Sprouts directions if you wish)
Diced Tomatoes (I use 30 oz but you can follow the Sprouts directions if you wish)
Tomato Sauce (Whichever size can was handy at the time)
Tomato Paste (one little can)
2 bulbs of fresh garlic
1 onion
1 container of pre-sliced mushrooms
1 package of what we call “fmeat” or fake ground meat (there seems to already be TVP in the Sprouts mix)
1 big squirt of Braggs to season
*GasX pills for later!

Make sure your cat is watching because if your cat is like ours, he won’t want to miss out on a cooking presentation.

Now throw it all together and simmer on low for an hour. Yup. It’s that easy. If anything were complicated around here, it would never get done.

The chili is orgasmic because it’s thick, hearty, and full of garlic. I serve it with the “easy biscuits” from Sarah Kramer’s “How It All Vegan.” I also serve the Better Half some corn to really make it “super colon blow” as he calls it. So you really get a free colon cleanse with this meal too.

Now that is what I call "Om with a kick!"

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home