OmKicker

Om...with a kick!

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Xflowsion -- A Yoga, Martial Arts, and Dance Hybrid

I am not sure I'd want to buy the DVD. This looks fun enough that I'd rather take a class like this live and in person. This yoga instructor, Eric Paskel, has created something that combines a live band with yoga, martial arts, and dance into a workout. He calls it Xflowsion.

Yoga is evolving, that's for sure. Remember when Tori Spelling was getting people into "Yoga Booty Ballet?" Actually, it looks like the Yoga Booty Ballet chicks are still around.

Hey, whatever gets people into yoga, right? Or are we ruining it? Watering it down? Getting away from the point? The point for me has always been to relax, find that deep happy place, create my intentions, be grateful, say my prayers, challenge myself, tone my muscles, open up, breathe...I could go on and on.

I'm actually getting to a point where yoga is becoming the top priority. It is the one survivor after all these years. I've done martial arts, worked out at a gym, and done Krav Maga. But my neck injury right now has sidelined me from Krav Maga and I may not renew my membership when it's up. I've been doing it six years and it's time for a change. It's harsh on my body -- many times injured from my ankle, to my back to my hip, now to my neck -- and I think I need a break. Something always keeps me away too so I think it's not meant to be. I went back recently only to have the accident happen so I could spend all my time at the chiropractor instead of Krav Maga.

I still love self-defense, boxing, kick boxing, ground fighting, weapons training, MMA, and muy thai. It's just that if I kept it up right now I'd do more harm to my body than good.

I'd like to try some new fitness stuff. If there were something like this Xflowsion DVD in a class around here (Phoenix/Scottsdale) I'd be all over it. I think I'd like to try some other stuff too. Pilates originated as something for the injured to rehab with during World War II and it seems like just the thing I need right now along with my yoga. I think my boyfriend would appreciate belly dancing and some stripper pole dance classes which sound like fun. Maybe I'll hit the water aerobics class my apartment complex offers. I also need to use the complex gym a little more for cardio!

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home